Do I Need a Permit?

  • Any construction on the exterior of the house except painting and small repairs.
    • Windows (new or replaced), Siding, Skirting, all Decks, Roofing, Fencing, Grading & Fill (over 10 cubic yards), Driveways, Culverts, Demolition, Sewer line and Retaining walls over 4 ft tall. 
  • Interior work that includes the following: removal, addition, or alteration of Framing and/or Sheetrock, along with Insulation, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical
  • New construction, or any type of building addition. Exception: Storage or Shed smaller than 128 square feet, that is not attached to another building, does not need a permit. (required to follow set backs and code regulations)
  • All development within the Floodplain. Please review the Floodplain Development page for specific details.  
  • Other possible permits that may be required include Fire, Environmental, Land Use, Site Development, and Right of Way Use permits.   
  • Please review the PERMITS WE ISSUE tab for detailed requirements on every type of permit.