Before engaging in business in the city of Aberdeen, a person must apply for and obtain a city business license on forms provided by the finance director for temporary licenses, as defined in Section 5.10.040(8), or the Washington State Department of Revenue for annual licenses and renewals depending upon the nature and intent of the business activity to be conducted.
Any person or business whose annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income of the business in the city is equal to or less than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) (or higher threshold as determined by city) and who does not maintain a place of business within the city shall be exempt from the general business license requirements in this chapter. The exemption does not apply to regulatory license requirements or activities that require a specialized permit.
- Combined Quarterly City Tax Return - Business and Occupation Tax Form - PDF
- Business and Occupation Fact Sheet - PDF
- Service Income Apportionment Worksheet - PDF
- City Addendum (Application for Aberdeen City License) For faster service - Apply online
- Business Information Change Form (Changes can be made online at dor.wa.gov/change)
- Interest Rates for State Excise Taxes