Skip to main content

Temporary Alternative Shelter Location Information

[Alternative Shelter Information] |  [TASL Town Hall Transcription 2019]
City Maps Portal      City Maps Portal      public works citizen action report      Volunteer Opportunities      Aberdeen Beautification Project      Aberdeen Official Newsletter      Pay Utilities Online      ADA Compliance Statement

Storm Damage Debris to Landfill + More


Residents can take storm damage debris to landfill

The City of Aberdeen and LeMay’s have worked out the details for extended city-paid flood and landslide debris clean up opportunities. City of Aberdeen residents with current identification showing their City of Aberdeen address can take storm debris to the Aberdeen transfer station at no cost this weekend. In addition to their regular hours, LeMay’s is offering extended hours at the transfer station on Saturday, January 17th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be open on Sunday, January 18th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as well. Residents who will not be able to haul debris this weekend or do not have identification with a City of Aberdeen address, can pick up a voucher for free storm debris disposal from the Finance Department on the first floor of City Hall. Please note that City Hall will be closed on Monday, January 19th in recognition of Martin Luther King Day. Large appliances, tires and garbage unrelated to storm damage are not included in the free storm debris removal program.

City Engineer and Public Works Director, Malcolm Bowie, explained to the Aberdeen City Council on Wednesday, January 14, that 30 landslides occurred within the City. The rainfall total exceeded the 100-year flood event level. City crews are going door to door to provide flood information and do a visual assessment of damage. It is important to complete and return the preliminary damage report forms. This is the only way to document enough property damage in order to get state and federal funds released to help individual citizens. A link to the form can be found on the City’s website at Paper copies of the form are available at City Hall as well.

The form must include your name, address and a phone number or email address. Please identify if you are the owner or renter of the property, and what type of insurance, if any you have. The values requested on the form are also important. Estimate the fair market value of your home (how much you believe your home is worth), estimate your structure loss (the dollar value of the damage to your home), estimate your personal property damage including cars, lawnmowers, clothing, furniture, etc. Provide a brief description of the damage and give the date of the damage. Then return your form. You do not need to complete the parcel number or percentage of fair market value requested on the form. This is not a claim form, it does not obligate you to anything. It is simply an informational form to pass on to FEMA folks so that they understand the amount of devastation in our community.

Coastal Community Action Program (CCAP) continues to be your contact for all flood related information and requests for assistance. If you have a flood related question, concern or report, please call CCAP at 360-533-5100. An international response organization known as Team Rubicon is available with volunteers to do damage assessments and assist with the removal of material. Volunteers are still needed for additional clean up this weekend. Crews are being organized through CCAP. If you need help or can volunteer to help, please call now.

Pass it Along