REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
Museum Collections Management and Operations Professional
REQUEST DATE: December 12, 2018
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE: 4:00 PM (local time), Thursday, January 3, 2019
SUBMIT TO: City of Aberdeen Parks Department, 200 E Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520
NUMBER OF COPIES: One hard copy or electronic copy (PDF by email or USB)
PROJECT CONTACT: Stacie Barnum, Parks Director – (360) 537-3229 – firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS:
The City of Aberdeen is soliciting statements of qualifications (SOQs) from qualified individuals and firms, to provide professional services in Museum Inventory and Operations. SOQs shall be received by the City no later than 4:00 PM on Thursday, January 3, 2019. It is the responsibility of individuals and firms to ensure that SOQs are received by the City on-time.
SOQs shall include the following parts. The term “page” is defined as one side of a sheet of paper. Double-sided printing should be used to minimize total sheet count.
1. Cover Letter (one 8.5×11 page maximum)
2. SOQ Body (two 8.5×11 pages maximum)
a. Background – Provide details such as history, education and training.
b. Experience – Describe the experience of the individual providing the services outlined in the scope.
c. References – Provide a list of relevant experience and reference contacts showing past performance, timely responses to City requests, high quality of work, and cost control.
SCORING AND FIRM SELECTION:
SOQs will be reviewed and scored by the Parks Director and the Community Development Director. The three highest-scoring individuals/firms may be selected for phone or in-person interviews to determine the final selection. Scoring criteria:
- Background 25 points
- Experience 50 points
- References 25 points
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The individual/firm must be capable of providing artifact evaluation, artifact inventory, knowledge of community’s history, artifact value (both historical and monetary), understanding of Collections Management, and experience with Past Perfect Software Program.
- make final review of artifacts and docs to determine what needs additional work, what needs to be disposed of, and what is ready to move to storage
- review photos and inventory from RMC
- update inventory for Museum Board to deaccess what did not survive the fire
- update filing system -review recommendations from Contents Consulting
- inventory archival documents from the Washington State Archives
- dispose of items that are considered “garbage/miscellaneous/damaged”
- clean artifacts to be moved to new storage area
- inventory artifacts to be saved, and moved to new storage area
Once new Storage/Office is secured:
- set up office space with necessary supplies and equipment
- set up warehouse/storage with shelving and tables for artifacts
- input items not already in Past Perfect
- remove/deaccess items in Past Perfect that did not survive fire or Armory Annex
- take photos of artifacts
- Work with public to answer questions and provide donation forms
- Provide input to the Museum Board as needed at their monthly meeting
- Report to Parks Director, bi-weekly progress reports
- Work with the City’s contracted Public Adjuster, Alex N Sill Company
- Work with the City’s insurance company
COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER 28 AND TITLE VI AGREEMENT:
The consultant will be held to the City’s Civil Rights language. The City of Aberdeen in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex in consideration for an award.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) INFORMATION:
The consultant will be held to the City’s ADA language. The City of Aberdeen in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all of its programs and activities. This RFQ can be made available in an alternate format by contacting the listed project contact by e-mail or by calling collect.