Aberdeen Police Department
Lateral Police Officer
Salary range: $5,370- $6,526 per month
Aberdeen Police Officer Guild Union
Position summary: Provides assistance, emergency aid, security and protection to citizens by patrolling business and residential areas, responding to requests for information and assistance, investigating criminal activity and otherwise ensuring the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
Lateral applicants must:
- have a high school degree or GED,
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- be at least 21 years of age,
- have a valid driver’s license,
- have no record of felony conviction or excessive traffic violations,
- have good moral character,
- possess a valid state certification as a trained and qualified Peace Officer,
- have at least two consecutive years as a full-time police officer with no more than one year of current lapse in law enforcement employment as a full-time officer at the time of application, and
- apply by returning to the City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Department: (click on the links below)
Required application documents are available at Aberdeen City Hall during normal business hours or at http://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/.
The City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Office is located at City Hall, Office of Human Resources, 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520. This address also serves as the mailing address. Applications for Lateral Police Officer are not accepted via email or fax.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.