Aberdeen Fire Department
Salary range (with EMT): $5,223-$6,666 per month
Aberdeen Firefighter’s union represented position.
Position summary: Coordinates and provides emergency and non-emergency care for ill and injured patients as well as providing fire suppression and prevention services to the public in Aberdeen and the surrounding community and performing general maintenance and repairs on fire apparatus, equipment and facilities.
Entry level applicants must:
1) have a high school degree or GED,
2) be at least 18 years of age,
3) be a U.S. Citizen,
4) have a valid driver’s license,
5) have at least one year experience as a current firefighter with a paid or volunteer fire department,
6) possess IFSAC Firefighter I certification at the time of hire,
7) have Washington state or National Registry certification as a paramedic, and
8) apply through www.publicsafetytesting.com.
The City will be notified of applicants who pass the PublicSafetyTesting.com exam and will contact those applicants for the next step(s) in the process.
This recruitment is open continuously. Applications are always accepted.
Applicants interested in applying for Firefighter should refer to the City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department website at https://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.