Aberdeen Police Department
Salary range: $5,213 – $6,335 per month
Lateral hires are started at Step 3 of the pay range, which is $5,747 per month unless an exception based upon exceptional experience, qualifications, or abilities is authorized by the Mayor and approved by City Council.
Aberdeen Police Officer Guild represented position.
Position summary: Provides assistance, emergency aid, security and protection to citizens by patrolling business and residential areas, responding to requests for information and assistance, investigating criminal activity and otherwise ensuring the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
Lateral applicants must
- have a high school degree or GED,
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- be at least 21 years of age,
- have a valid driver’s license,
- have no record of felony conviction or excessive traffic violations,
- have good moral character,
- possess a valid state certification as a trained and qualified Peace Officer, or certification from the BPOTP Indian Police Academy or the Land MGT Police Training,
- have at least two consecutive years as a full-time police officer with no more than one year of current lapse in law enforcement employment as a full-time officer at the time of application, and
- apply by returning to the City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Department:
- a completed City of Aberdeen application ,
- supplemental questionnaire lateral police officer
- veteran’s scoring criteria declaration form (if applicable).
Required application documents are available at Aberdeen City Hall during normal business hours or at https://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/. This recruitment is open continuously. Applications are always accepted.
The City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Office is located at City Hall, Office of Human Resources, 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520. This address also serves as the mailing address. Applications for Lateral Police Officer are not accepted via email or fax.
Applicants interested in applying for entry-level Police Officer should refer to the City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department website at https://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.