January 13, 2022 3:56 PM
City of Aberdeen Utilities Payment Plan
COVID Emergency Flexible Payment Plan
The City of Aberdeen suspended utility shutoffs for non-payment on March 23, 2020 due to the Governor’s proclamation 20-23 which “strongly encouraged” utility providers to mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19 on their customers. This proclamation was extended until September 31, 2021 The City of Aberdeen will now begin addressing all past due accounts in an effort to bring these accounts current.
1. Pay the entire balance in full on or before Jan 31, 2022.
2. Submit a payment plan on or before Jan 31, 2022.
Utility customers that meet eligibility requirements for a payment plan must contact the Water Customer Service Department of the City of Aberdeen no later than January 31, 2022 to set up a formal payment plan. To be eligible for a payment plan, your utility account must have been past due between March 23, 2020 and September 31, 2021.
1. The terms of repayment will be up to 18 months.
2. All fees associated with disconnection, reconnection, site visits and late fees that were accrued during the proclamation will be waived.
3. Payments will be due at the time of the formal payment plan acceptance by the City’s Water Customer Service.
4. Utility customers must make all scheduled payments on time and remain current with new occurring charges.
5. If the payment plan terms are not kept, the total delinquent amount will become due immediately and may result in disconnection of service.
If you have any questions regarding your current or past due charges, please contact the Water Customer Service Department at 360-537-3203 or firstname.lastname@example.org