The purpose of the parking and business improvement district is to aid general economic development and neighborhood revitalization and to facilitate the cooperation of merchants, businesses, and residential property owners in order to assist trade, economic viability, and livability through:
- The acquisition, construction or maintenance of parking facilities for the benefit of the district
- Decoration of any public place in the district
- Furnishing of music in any public place in the district
- Providing maintenance and security for common, public areas
- Providing professional management, planning, and promotion for the district, including the management and promotion of retail trade activities in the district
- Sponsorship or promotion of public events which are to take place on or in public places in the district
The Aberdeen Downtown Parking and Business Improvement Committee members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council to staggered 4 year terms and are composed of no less than five members and no more than nine members representing businesses within the district provided; however, no more than two members shall be appointed from businesses within the same street block in the district.
The Aberdeen Downtown Parking and Business Improvement District brief description is an area located west of
F Street, including both sides of
F Street to center of the of
L Street, from the center of State Street going north to the center of 1st Street.