The Human Resources Department is responsible for a variety of functions related to the recruitment, development, training and retention of qualified City employees. The department responsibilities include:
- Administration of the CDL drug and alcohol testing program
- Benefit administration
- Classification review
- Complying with federal and state employment laws
- Contract negotiation assistance and interpretation
- Coordination of safety claims
- Payroll and personnel file maintenance
- Personnel committee
- Police and fire pension boards
Whether you’re searching for a rewarding career, an improved quality of life, or friendly community to raise your family, you’ll find it at the City of Aberdeen.
Equal Employment Opportunity / NONDISCRIMINATION (EEOP) Utilization Report
It is the policy of the city to treat all applicants and employees equally without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other bases prohibited by local, state, or Federal law. View EEOP Short Form (PDF).