The Human Resources Department is responsible for a variety of functions related to the recruitment, development, training and retention of qualified City employees. The department responsibilities include complying with federal and state employment laws, benefit administration, payroll and personnel file maintenance, classification review, contract negotiation assistance and interpretation, administration of the CDL drug and alcohol testing program, coordination of safety claims, personnel committee, and the police and fire pension boards.
Whether you’re searching for a rewarding career, an improved quality of life, or friendly community to raise your family, you’ll find it at the City of Aberdeen.
Job Interest and Notification Request
The City of Aberdeen only accepts applications for open positions. However, you are welcome to submit a job interest form to be placed on a notification list for future openings. Click here for the job interest form and additional information.
The City of Aberdeen has continuous recruitments for the following positions. Please click on the title of the position to learn more about the position and review the application requirements.
- Public Works Department – Entry Level Engineer
- Human Resources Director
- Corrections Officer, Lateral Level
- Corrections Officer, Entry Level
- Firefighter, Entry Level
- Firefighter (Paramedic), Entry Level
- Police Officer, Entry Level
- Police Officer, Lateral (Experienced)
- Log Pavilion Attendant (Open Until Filled)
Successful applicants will be required to provide the following information upon employment with the City of Aberdeen
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States (click here for more information)
- Proof of relationship(s)/dependent status if enrolling spouse, domestic partner, children or step children on any of the City’s insurance plans.
City Policies and Job Descriptions
The City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Department is responsible for maintaining the personnel policies and job descriptions for City employees. In addition, the department maintains the policies and rules for the Civil Service Commission and LEOFF 1 Pension Boards Manuals and Summary.
EEOP Utilization Report
It is the policy of the city to treat all applicants and employees equally without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other bases prohibited by local, state, or Federal law…..View EEOP Short Form