City of Aberdeen Human Resources
The Human Resources Department is responsible for a variety of functions related to the recruitment, development, training and retention of qualified City employees. The department responsibilities include complying with federal and state employment laws, benefit administration, payroll and personnel file maintenance, classification review, contract negotiation assistance and interpretation, administration of the CDL drug and alcohol testing program, coordination of safety claims, personnel committee, and the police and fire pension boards.
Whether you’re searching for a rewarding career, an improved quality of life, or friendly community to raise your family, you’ll find it at the City of Aberdeen.
Job Interest and Notification Request
The City of Aberdeen only accepts applications for open positions. However, you are welcome to submit a job interest form to be placed on a notification list for future openings. Click here for the job interest form and additional information
The City of Aberdeen has continuous recruitments for the following positions. Please click on the title of the position to learn more about the position and review the application requirements.
- Human Resources Technician
- Corrections Officer, Entry Level
- Corrections Officer, Lateral Level
- Firefighter, Entry Level
- Firefighter (Paramedic), Entry Level
- Police Officer, Entry Level
- Police Officer, Lateral (Experienced)
- Log Pavilion Attendant (Open Until Filled)
- Seasonal Park Maintenance (Open Until Filled)
Successful applicants will be required to provide the following information upon employment with the City of Aberdeen
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States (click here for more information)
- Proof of relationship(s)/dependent status if enrolling spouse, domestic partner, children or step children on any of the City’s insurance plans.
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO
- International Association of Firefighters, Local 2639
- Aberdeen Police Administrators Union
- Aberdeen Police Officers Guild
|Debbie Lund||Director||(360) 537-3212|
|Linda Brooks||Human Resources Assistant||(360) 537-3207|