Office of the Mayor
William (Bill) A. Simpson was sworn in as the 35th Mayor of the City of Aberdeen on January 9, 2008, following his election in early November. In Aberdeen, the Mayor is the City’s Chief Executive Officer, directing the activities of ten City Departments and managing a $47 million annual budget.
Mayor Simpson was born and raised in Tacoma. Since 1980, Mayor Simpson and his wife Colleen have resided in Aberdeen. Together, they have nine children. They like to spend their free time with family, friends and neighbors enjoying the area’s beautiful natural environment.
Mayor Simpson’s leadership philosophies include decisiveness, inclusion, and serving all the citizens of Aberdeen equally.
His goals as Mayor include:
- Revitalization of Downtown
- Critical Areas Comprehensive Plan
- Summer Street Fair
- Improvements to the Sewer Treatment Plant
- Public safety
Before being elected to the top post at the City, Mayor Simpson served on the Aberdeen City Council for eighteen years, representing Ward 5. He also served 10 years as Council President. Mayor Simpson is employed at JC Penney and Company.
Mayor Simpson is here to work for you. He can be reached:
- By Phone at City Hall at (360) 537-3227
- By-E-mail at Mayor@aberdeenwa.gov
- By Mail at Mayor Bill Simpson, Aberdeen City Hall, 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520